Victoria’s mild weather, stunning West Coast scenery, and quaint colonial architecture make it the perfect city to explore – so consider the best tours in Victoria more of a prescription than a suggestion.
That’s why I’m gonna walk you through the top Victoria BC tours so you can book the best whether you’re in need of history, food, views, wildlife, or some crazy combination of all four.
Let’s get this Victoria sightseeing party started:
The Best Tours in Victoria, BC, for Sightseeing
- Hop on Hop Off Bus Tour: Best Victoria bus tour
- Butchart Gardens Tour: Best day trip tour from Victoria
- Victoria Panorama Tours: Best Victoria tour for views
- Victoria Historical Walking Tour: Best sightseeing walking tour
- Castles & Neighbourhoods Tour: Best sightseeing bike tour
- Private Victoria Tour with Local Guide: Best tour of Victoria for cruisers
- Ocean Magic Whale Watching: Best Victoria tour on the water
- Victoria Brewery and Distillery Tour: Best tour of Victoria for drinks
- Vancouver Island Rainforest Tour: Best rural Victoria BC tour
- Guided Food and History Tour of Victoria: Best culinary tour of Victoria
Victoria Hop on Hop off Tour – Best Victoria Bus Tour
Location: Empress Hotel | Duration: 1/2 Day | Price: From $45.00 CAD
In booking your tickets, you’ll get 15 carefully selected stops that cover virtually all of the city’s top attractions – aboard an open-air UK-style double-decker bus.
The tour is perfect for first-time visitors, cruise ship passengers, families, and those with limited mobility. You can get off at every stop or choose a select few. This is probably the most flexible and convenient Victoria tour on offer.
This Victoria sightseeing tour includes:
- Pick up/drop off at any of the 15 stops (stop #1 is the Empress Hotel)
- Unlimited afternoon access
- Fully narrated tour
- Knowledgeable driver/guide
Related: Best Cheap Hotels in Victoria
Butchart Gardens Tours – Best Butchart Gardens Tour
Location: Inner Harbour | Duration: 3-5 hours | Price: From $50.00 CAD
Victoria’s Butchart Gardens are far and away the most popular attraction in town. In fact, this lush urban oasis attracts over one million visitors a year.
Unfortunately, due to the Gardens’ distance from Downtown Victoria, it isn’t on the HoHo itinerary. This also makes it difficult to reach for travellers without wheels. The answer? Take a tour!
You’ll board your shuttle from a convenient Inner Harbour pickup spot – and in just 20 minutes (all the gas, traffic, and directions-related stress left to the driver), you’ll be at the spectacular garden haven, which contains a plethora of lush greens and colourful blooms year round.
This Butchart Gardens tour from Victoria includes:
- Inner Harbour pickup/drop off
- Transport to and from Butchart Gardens in Brentwood Bay
- Butchart Gardens admission
- 2-4 hours to explore Butchart Gardens (seasonally dependent)
Related: Victoria Butterfly Gardens
Victoria Panorama Seaplane Tours – Best Victoria Excursion by Air
Location: Inner Harbour | Duration: 30 min | Price: From $161.00 CAD
Are you looking to gain the ultimate perspective of BC’s capital city? You should seriously consider taking the dramatic Victoria seaplane tours.
Just head to the end of Wharf Street and jump on the most prototypically Westcoast method of transport: the floatplane. You’ll soar high over the famous Inner Harbour, gaining stunning views of the iconic Empress Hotel and the Parliament Buildings.
The Olympic Mountains, the Straight of Juan De Fuca, and the Vancouver Island coastline will serve as your backdrop for this thrilling 20-minute seaplane ride.
Included in this Victoria seaplane tour:
- 20-minute seaplane flight
- Stunning views of Inner Harbour, Olympic Mountains & Pacific Coastline
- Intimate experience (limited to 5 passengers)
Related: Vancouver to Victoria by Sea Plane
The Historical Victoria Walking Tour – Best Victoria Walking Tour
Location: Old Town | Duration: 1.5 hours | Price: From $21.00 CAD
If a seaplane freaks you out too much or you’re looking to avoid bus tour crowds, this is your Victoria, BC, tour!
This Victoria walking tour, run by a local historian, departs from a convenient Inner Harbour meetup spot. From here, you’ll get a fascinating tour of the Old Town, Bastion Square and Canada’s oldest Chinatown. You’ll learn about the city’s early days as a rugged pioneer outpost during the Fraser gold rush.
You’ll also gain valuable insight into the city’s history and culture. It’s also a great place to get oriented, so I’d recommend this as the first thing to do in Victoria.
This historical tour of Victoria includes:
- Professional local guide
- A 90-minute tour of Victoria
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Guided tour of the Inner Harbour, Government St., Bastion Square, Market Square, Chinatown, Fan Tan Alley
Victoria Castles & Neighbourhoods Bike Tour – Top Victoria Bike Tour
Location: Inner Harbour | Duration: 2 hours | Price: From $68.00 CAD
Victoria has a tantalizing combination of mild weather and a seemingly endless network of bike lanes, paths, and trails. It’s renowned as one of the most bikeable cities in North America.
That’s why I’m highly recommending taking a Victoria bike tour. Follow your expert guide as you meander through Chinatown, the Inner Harbour and Cook Street Village neighbourhoods. You’ll also learn the garish history of the allegedly haunted Craigdarroch Castle.
You may not want to leave after one spin through Beacon Hill Park to the stunning Dallas Road waterfront!
*Castle admission is separate
- Expert local guide
- Bike and helmet rental
- Guided Tour of Inner Harbour, Chinatown, Craigdarroch Castle, Beacon Hill Park, Dallas Road Waterfront
- Visit to one of the world’s tallest totem poles
? Coming from Vancouver? Check out the 5 best Victoria tours from Vancouver.
Victoria Welcome Tour with Local – Best Victoria, BC Tour from Cruise Port
Location: Cruise Port/Anywhere | Duration: 2-6 hours | Price: From $60.00+ CAD
This is the best Victoria tour for cruise ship passengers who might be getting in at odd hours.
There’s great flexibility here: local guides run these tours every hour on the hour well into the evening.
In fact, these passionate local tour guides will come right to the cruise dock if you want. The custom pickup option makes this a breeze.
Guests can select between tours of 2-6 hours.
- Expert local guide
- Customized private walking tour
- Pick up at the cruise port, hotel, or other central location
- Customized tour times at all hours
Ocean Magic Whale Watching Tours – Best Boat Tour in Victoria, BC
Location: Inner Harbour | Duration: 3 hours | Price: From $199.15 CAD
The sight of a whale breaching is easily a top 10 life experience. In fact, I grew up in a commercial fishing family, and I still can’t get over them.
That’s why I’m always down for a trip to the Strait of Juan de Fuca for a fascinating glimpse of majestic orca, grey, humpback and minke whales in their natural habitat.
Victoria whale watching tours have an unmatched 95% sighting rate; if you don’t see one, they’ll even let you come back the next day. These three-hour tours conveniently leave from the heart of Victoria’s Inner Harbour.
You have two choices: feel the breeze and the cool ocean spray in an open-air zodiac, or go for a more protected vessel with a heated indoor cabin.
This Victoria whale watching tour includes:
- Inner Harbour departure point
- Multiple sailings throughout the day
- Friendly and professional guides (captain & 3-4 guides/naturalists)
- Whale sighting guarantee (free tour if you don’t see any whales!)
- Chance to see orcas, humpback, grey and minke whales, as well as marine mammals, eagles and other wildlife
Victoria Craft Beer and Distillery Tour – Best Victoria Beer Tour
Location: Downtown Victoria | Duration: 3.5 hrs | Price: From $120.00 CAD
But in Victoria, the craft beer phenomenon is nothing new. The city has been home to a multitude of exciting craft breweries and brewpubs since the 1980s. A time when most Canadians were still busy drinking Labatt’s Blue.
This Victoria craft beer tour will escort you to two local breweries and one distillery. You’ll learn more about the local beer scene and production process at each stop.
And, of course, you get to drink the beer! Tastings will be included at each stop.
You’ll receive transportation to and from your central meeting point, including a trip to the award-winning Caledonian Distillery in the picturesque Saanich Peninsula.
This Victoria brewery tour includes:
- DT Victoria pick up/drop off point
- Transportation between 2 breweries and one distillery (often Category 12, Vancouver Island Breweries and Caledonian Distillery)
- Limited to 14 participants
- Samples and snacks at each location
- Expert local guide
Related: Best Victoria Hotels
Vancouver Island Rainforest Guided Hike – Best Victoria Tour for Nature Lovers
Location: DT Victoria (pick up) | Duration: 3 hours | Price: From $110.00 CAD
British Columbia contains a staggering 25% of the world’s temperate rainforest. Furthermore, Victoria is near some of the most accessible morsels of untouched old-growth rainforests anywhere in the province.
Not only are these vital ecosystems stunningly beautiful. They are immensely important in the fight against climate change. Moreover, they also offer immeasurable recreational opportunities for visitors and locals alike.
This private, guided hike offers convenient hotel/port pickup and drop-off. From here, you’ll be transported into the very best of the Island’s lush coastal rainforest on this incredible outdoor Victoria excursion.
Along the way, you’ll check out waterfalls, native plants, local wildlife and towering trees up to 1000 years old.
*Though most trails are relatively simple, hiking shoes are still required.
This Victoria rainforest tour includes
- Hotel/cruise port pick up/drop off
- Professionally guided hike through local temperate rainforest
- Chance to see enormous trees and local flora and fauna
- Choice of departure time, route and trail difficulty
- Learn about the local environment
Victoria Guided Food and History Tour – Best Victoria Tour for Foodies
Location: Downtown | Duration: 2 hours | Price: From $89.95 CAD
Having trouble choosing between a Victoria food and a walking tour? This popular guided tour allows you to explore the city’s history and culinary scene all in one convenient package.
Here, you’ll join a group of like-minded travellers and a knowledgeable guide for a guided tour of Victoria’s most prominent landmarks. You’ll hit up the Parliament Buildings, Inner Harbour, Chinatown, Market Square and much more.
You’ll also stop for mouthwatering tastings of delicious local food products. Sample everything from tapas, cheese and olive oil to tea, chocolate and local craft beer. This popular Victoria tour provides a healthy dose of knowledge combined with food and new friends.
This Victoria food tour includes:
- Guided walking tour of Victoria’s most notable sights (Including the Inner Harbour, Parliament buildings, Trounce Alley, Bastion Square, Victoria Public Market, Fan Tan Alley etc.)
- Numerous local food tastings (craft beer, chocolate, tea, tapas, cheese, bread, olive oil, and other local products.)
- Learn valuable insight into Victoria’s history
Still Looking for Victoria Sightseeing Tours?
I’ve looked at (and taken) dozens of tours in Victoria, BC, to try and bring you a list of the best holiday choices, but I’m aware every visitor is different.
That’s why I’m inviting you to write me in the comment section below or on our Vancouver Planner Facebook Page, if you’re in need of any extra help.
Whether it’s Vancouver or Victoria, we’re here to help. But until then, enjoy your favourite Victoria tour!