Is the Sea to Sky Gondola worth it? With 400,000 yearly visitors the answer should be yes, but nevertheless you should know what you’re getting into first.
Let’s take a deep look at what’s included in your tickets.
Is the Sea to Sky Gondola Worth Visiting?
This alpine playground is one of the great attractions of the Lower Mainland, whether you’re visiting Vancouver in winter or just wanting to stretch your legs getting to Whistler.
That said, unlike other typical mountain escapes and hikes in the area there’s a price tag attached just to get up there in the first place:
- Adults (19-64): $65.05
- Seniors (65+): $57.68
- Youth (13-18): $38.78
- Children (6-12): $25.13
- Toddlers (0-5): free
It’s only after considering these Sea to sky Gondola prices that can we determine whether the Sea to Sky Gondola is worth it or not.
Let’s break it down further.
What’s Included in Sea to Sky Gondola Tickets
Naturally, the Sea to Sky Gondola wouldn’t’ want to leave you on the hook for $65.05 without offering more than just a gondola ride.
While the panoramic views aboard the gondola are almost worth the trip, it’s important to understand there are many more activities included:
- Gondola ride with sweeping views of Howe Sound
- Sky Pilot Suspension Bridge (100 meter long bridge over a 1000+ foot drop)
- Via Ferrata (Family-friendly climbing on steel rungs and fixed cables)
- Snowshoeing tours and tubing in winter
- Summit Lodge (5,000 sq/ft deck with music, food, even yoga)
- Spirit Viewing Platform (incredible view with interpretive info)
- Chief Overlook Viewing Platform (dramatic view with hundreds of meters drop below)
- Spirit Trail (20 minute light hike with interpretive info on land history)
- Panorama Trail (30 minute family hike area across granite outcroppings)
- Wonderland Lake (nature trail loop through open meadows around a stunning lake)
- Marketplace Eatery (casual eats with a First Nations twist)
- Sunday brunch
- Brews with Views craft beer events
- BBQs and other cultural activities.
So, is the Sea to Sky Gondola worth it or not? Let’s break down the pricing.
The Sea to Sky Gondola ride itself is miles above (almost literally) the $18.25 Vancouver Lookout so let’s conservatively round that up to $20.00 in value.
Guided eco walks will set you back around $50.00 in the city, while snowshoeing over at nearby Seymour Mountain costs $17.00 per person.
We can see how this starts to add up, making Sea to Sky Gondola tickets a sort of total Vancouver tourism package:
- The best coastal mountain views around
- A fantastic way to learn about local flora, fauna, and culture
- Fantastic hiking
- Great snowshoeing opportunities
- Great food and drink
That said, if you’re not looking to discover the great outdoors it’s by no means mandatory – there are plenty of other top things to do in Vancouver to keep you busy.
Grouse Mountain for example is a fine alternative, and it’s just 20 minutes from downtown Vancouver (the Sea to Sky Gondola takes about an hour to get to)
If you’re looking for unique nature, this is a very wise bet to make.
Sea to Sky Gondola Visitor Reviews
The Sea to Sky Gondola has a sparkling 5 out of 5 star ranking from customers (at time of writing) at their ticket seller Tiqets.
This customer raved about the fun to be had on Sky Pilot Bridge as well as the area’s beauty:
Others were also really impressed with the food offerings and staff:
This customer also loved the accessibility of the attraction:
Finally, some people also noted about what great value the attraction offers:
Curious to read all of the reviews? You can read these Sea to Sky Gondola reviews to get the full picture.
At any rate, ensure that you book your tickets in advance as gondola capacity is low and you won’t want to endure two or three gondola waits to get up the mountain while you queue up for tickets.
Booking in advance can be done so using the calendar below:
So Is Sea to Sky Gondola Worth the Money?
The Sea to Sky Gondola promises to deliver west coast nature to you on a silver platter, and there’s plenty of value to be had here for lovers of the outdoors.
That said, maybe I’ve missed something here! If you’ve got any questions about whether the Sea to Sky Gondola is worth it or not – just write me in the comments below.
Enjoy your day out at the Sea to Sky Gondola 🚡
Related: Can I Get Sea to Sky Gondola Discounts?
Leave a reply