Vancouver is one of the most beautiful cities in the world, and if you don’t believe me, I suggest checking it out from above at the Vancouver Lookout.
Housed at one of the city’s tallest buildings, this bird’s eye attraction provides breathtaking 360° panoramic views of Vancouver’s skyline and its stunning Pacific rainforest backdrop.
Here’s a quick guide on how to visit our epic observation deck. So get your camera ready.
Vancouver Lookout at Harbour Centre
The Vancouver Lookout can be found in one of Vancouver’s tallest buildings, known as Harbour Centre. This stunning viewpoint is just a 5-minute walk from the famous Steamclock in the heart of Gastown.
It is just across the street from the Skytrain’s Waterfront Station, making it a convenient visit using Vancouver’s public transport system. And it is also just a short stroll from the Vancouver Cruise Port, making it a great option for those on shore leave.
As one of downtown Vancouver’s top tourist attractions, it provides visitors with stunning views of Vancouver’s skyline, the North Shore Mountains, and the Pacific Ocean.
You’ll be whisked away on a 40-second glass elevator ride up the side of the Harbour Centre Building to a stunning 360° panoramic view of downtown Vancouver and its surrounding nature.
Once you’re up top at the panoramic observation deck, you can explore on your own or take a multi-lingual tour that’s a one-stop Vancouver history lesson.
But it’s much more than just an observation deck!
The Harbour Centre Building also hosts numerous events throughout the year and houses the popular Top of Vancouver Restaurant.
Related: Best Vancouver City Tours
Vancouver Lookout Tower Hours
The Harbour Centre observation deck is open daily year-round. However, the Vancouver Lookout opening hours change according to the season:
- Low Season: (October-May): 11:00 am – 6:00 pm
- High Season: (May-October): 10:00 am – 7:00 pm
And remember, the last elevator ride up departs at 6:30 (during high season. So give yourself enough time to enjoy the attraction fully. But how long does a visit to the Vancouver Lookout take?
I recommend taking 45 minutes to an hour to get your money’s worth. And for those visiting Vancouver in summer, I’d strongly recommend purchasing your tickets in advance so you don’t have to wait in line.
Also, if you book your smartphone tickets online, you get a free audio guide that’ll make you an expert on all the Vancouver sights in front of you.
You can book your dates in a few clicks with the calendar below:
Vancouver Lookout Ticket Prices
Tickets for this Vancouver observation tower go for the following prices:
- Adults: $18.25
- Seniors (60+): $15.25
- Students: $13.25
- Youth (13-18): $13.25
- Children (6-12): $9.50
*Children under 5 are free
Vancouver Lookout tickets are valid all day, so why not come back for sunset?
| Curious yet? Read great Vancouver Lookout reviews from recent ticket buyers.
How to Get to The Vancouver Lookout
Address: 555 West Hastings Street
The Vancouver Lookout is located in downtown Vancouver right near Waterfront Station: a top transportation hub that serves the Skytrain, Seabus, and West Coast Express.
To reach the observation deck with Skytrain:
- Take the Canada Line or Expo Line to Waterfront Station.
- Get off and use the main exit onto West Cordova Street.
- Look up! You can’t miss it.
- The entrance is from the mall on the ground floor.
- Just follow the signs
Arriving on a cruise? This amazing tourist attraction is just a 7-minute walk from the cruise ship terminal.
For more information on how to traverse Vancouver’s public transportation system check out our Vancouver Public Transportation Guide.
Top of Vancouver Restaurant
Cuisine: Fine Dining | Price: $$$$| 555 West Hastings St.
This famous Vancouver revolving restaurant is a dining experience like no other.
Here you’ll get fine continental dining alongside stunning panoramic views of the Vancouver skyline.
The restaurant makes one full rotation per hour and has floor-to-ceiling windows, ensuring that diners receive breathtaking views in all directions.
It’s sophisticated yet surprisingly unpretentious and the perfect place for a date – or even a sunset proposal!
Look for an extensive collection of delicious pastas accompanying entrees such as grilled AAA New York steak and Cajun halibut.
Put it all back with a selection of fine wines and craft beers.
*Daily admission tickets are not required to dine at the Top of Vancouver.
Related: Best Walking Tours in Vancouver
Tips for Visiting Vancouver’s Best Observation Deck
- Book Your Tickets Online: The Vancouver observation deck can be a very busy place, particularly during high season. So we recommend taking advantage of our skip-the-line tickets to avoid spending more time waiting in line than checking out the views.
- Visit on a Clear Day: The views will be significantly better on a clear day. You can expect a significant reduction in visibility during periods of inclement weather. And the city’s mountain scenery may end up veiled in clouds. Monitor the Vancouver weather forecast before your visit.
- Go up More Than Once: Tickets for the Vancouver Lookout are valid until closing on the day of purchase or the day of validation for those who purchase them in advance. To maximize value, I recommend returning later at dusk to see what promises to be one of the most amazing sunsets of your life!
- Grab a Bite to Eat: The Top of Vancouver Restaurant offers delightful continental cuisine and the most breathtaking views anywhere in the city. A dinner in this stunning revolving dining room is a perfect cap to your stay in downtown Vancouver. Better yet, it absolves you of the obligation to pay for the Vancouver Lookout, so the views are free!
- Pair your visit with another attraction: Other Vancouver attractions like Flyover Canada, the Vancouver Aquarium, Stanley Park, Gastown, and Chinese Classical Gardens are a short distance away. Furthermore, our partners at Tiqets often offer package deals with reduced entry fees when paired with the Lookout observation deck. Scroll down to the hand-picked combinations using the link below:
Related: The Vancouver Attractions Passport
Visiting the Vancouver Lookout FAQs
Where is the Vancouver Lookout?
The Vancouver Lookout is located at one of the city’s tallest buildings at 555 Hastings Street, a short walk from Waterfront Station on the edge of historic Gastown.
What is the Vancouver Lookout Tower?
The Vancouver Lookout is a panoramic observation deck in downtown Vancouver.
It provides visitors with stunning views of world famous Stanley Park, the North Shore Mountains, Burrard Inlet, North Vancouver, and the Vancouver skyline.
How tall is the Harbour Centre Vancouver?
The Vancouver Lookout is at the top of the Harbour Centre, 168 metres (or 553 feet) above Hastings Street.
How much do Vancouver Lookout tickets cost?
Tickets to the Vancouver Lookout cost $18.25 for adults, $15.25 for seniors (60+), $13.25 for students and youth (13-18) and $9.50 for children (6-12).
When is the Vancouver Lookout open?
The Vancouver Lookout is open from 11:00 am-6:00 pm during the Winter (October-May) and 10:00 am-7:00 pm during the Summer (May-October). The last elevator up departs 30 minutes before close.
Is there a restaurant at the Vancouver Harbour Centre?
Yes, the highly regarded Top of Vancouver is located in the building. This Vancouver revolving restaurant offers award-winning continental cuisine with the best views in the city. Alternatively, there is a food court on the building’s bottom floor.
All ready to visit the Vancouver Lookout at Harbour Centre?
That’s Lookout Vancouver done and dusted, so hopefully, you’ve got everything you need for a successful visit.
If you like what you read and want up-to-date info on Vancouver, I’d appreciate it if you give us a follow on Facebook. And don’t be afraid to use the comment section below if you have any other questions.
Otherwise, I hope you thoroughly enjoy your trip to Vancouver Lookout.
Don’t forget your camera?